Why is weight management important?
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart disease
- Hip and knee joint problems
- Varicose veins
- Increased risks of breast and colon cancer
How do we help you to achieve your goals?
You will be fully evaluated by the team of doctors. Medical problems that may be the cause of their weight deviation are tested for. In addition, medical conditions that may have resulted from weight deviation are also looked for.
The preliminary consultation will include:
- Calculation of body mass index (BMI)
- Measurement of body fat composition
- Blood pressure measurement
- Complete medical examination
- Blood and urine tests
- Full dietary history
After the thorough consultation by a medical professional, a comprehensive plan will be formulated for the individual client based on his/her lifestyle. The approach will include:
- A diet plan by the dietitian
- An exercise regime by a physical therapist
- Medication to help gain or lose weight (the centre only prescribes US FDA approved drugs that are medically proven to be effective)
- Medication to treat medical conditions that cause or resulted from the weight problem
In selected individuals with high BMI or severe obesity-linked diseases, the following weight-loss procedures can achieve good results
- Gastric Band
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
They are performed laparoscopically involving small incisions in the upper abdomen.
Why choose Centre for Screening and Surgery?
A Centre for Weight Management
This is a one-stop centre that focuses on helping people attain their ideal weight and body fat composition using laparoscopic (key-hole) and robotic procedures which involves minimal risk of complications and minimal interruption to daily activities.